Sunday 26 April 2015

Elder Flower Summer Drink

If I were a permanent resident of Dubai, I would grow myself humps like them camels to store water for those desperate thirsty moments one gets in that desert.

My best friend recently moved there and she invited me over to her ΓΌber talented sister’s house at Business Bay on a very humid Thursday evening.
Hira Sohail is a full time mum of very artistic nature. I could tell that as soon as I entered her cozy apartment with a very casual, yet chic layout. Besides her ability to decorate the interior of her home with an adorable and “pinteresty” concept, she also developed a thirst-quenching concoction to beat the heat of Dubai.
Just as I was cribbing about the weather, I was presented with the Elder Flower Summer Drink that pretty much put a brake to my never-ending rant.

Beautifully presented in a mason jar mug, as you will see, this drink was one of the most refreshing ones I’ve ever had and was after her life to give me the recipe that she was extremely kind enough to share! Instead of begging and pleading someone to make me a perfect, non-bitter tasting Mint Lemonade, I can now make this super easy summer drink myself with Elder Flower cordial.
Courtesy: Google Images 
Disclaimer: The pictures below are not stock pictures, but also a talent of this supermom and the one I actually drank – so it’s definitely going to look like this when you make it.

Photo Credit: Hira Sohail
Without further ado, I present to you the ELDER FLOWER SUMMER DRINK

Ingredients:

2 tbsp Elder Flower Cordial
1 tsp   Honey (or more…if you prefer it like that)
250ml Perrier Sparkling Water (chilled)
A sprig of mint leaves
½ lemon
choice of fruits – Berries OR finely chopped apples/pears OR shaved cucumbers (This one had berries)

Photo Credit: Hira Sohail

Method:

Mix the Elder Flower cordial, honey, and Perrier together (make sure it’s right before you serve, otherwise the fizz dies out). Squeeze in some fresh lemon juice, and dunk in the berries and mint. Serve, like a boss.
Drink – like a sheikh!


Photo Credit: Hira Sohail

She scooped this up in 5-7 minutes to cater to my unannounced whiney visit, so I assume being slightly prepared should take about 3-5 minutes. Simple, fun, stimulating and easy! Try making this and share your results with us!

Instagram: @hangrywords

Email: hangrywords@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment