Wednesday 15 April 2015

Dubai Diairies: Day 4 - Tom&Serg, you made my day!

Breakfast/Brunch are, hands down, my favorite mealtimes of a day. They’re also the meals I get to have the least because: Sleep over food - always! Unless you live in Pakistan where brunch is usually after 2 pm!
Admit it, you can’t ever get a spread like brunch. Waffles, pancakes, gazillion types of eggs, burgers (sigh), fruits, and basically a breakfast-ized variation of any food item.

Tom&Serg won our votes for a nice brunch out on Day 4 thanks to Zomato, which showed an average rating of 4.2!

The warehouse look of the restaurant instantly gave a casual feel and we were hurriedly seated to order the “A.M Food” before the clock struck 11.45am.

Obviously, since we don’t go anywhere without a party of less than a cult, there were a lot of palates and taste buds to satisfy and “a.m foods” in general, are quite personal and sensitive matters.


click to enlarge

We were recommended their bestseller “Shakshouka Baked Eggs” which was definitely worth ordering. It was served fresh in a hot pan (straight out of the oven) consisting of eggs mixed with a rich, red sauce that was blended with a lot of herbs and spices. Very flavorsome.
Shakshouka Baked Eggs
The “Scrambled Eggs on Toast” was my favorite. I don’t really understand how people mess up a dish as simple as this (like me...), but it amazes me when they succeed in making it better than the best one you’ve had. Tom&Serg did that. Beautifully executed and presented.
Scrambled Eggs on Toast
“Two Eggs – Scrambled” served on toasted sourdough bread with veal bacon on the side was mysteriously different than the other scrambled eggs, but delicious nonetheless.
Everything tasted so simple, yet perfect. I especially appreciated the uniqueness that any ingredient can be removed from a recipe but not added, they were more than happy to serve it on the side though.
Two Eggs - Scrambled
We also ordered their gigantic Breakfast Wrap, which was dominated by Mexican flavors. The first bite told you how fresh it was made and the compatibility between flavors was brilliant!
Breakfast Wrap
The Eggs Florentine was one of the finest tasting one I’ve ever had. Even though the appearance was conventional, the rush of essences felt in every bite was mind-blowing.
Every item seemed to burst and melt in your mouth like a world-class molten lava cake.
Eggs Florentine
Could our table ever be deprived of a burger? YA THINK? Never!
I’m going to unwillingly admit that I didn’t have a bite of the Tom&Serg Burger, because with the fifty shades of eggs circulating inside my tummy, I really couldn’t have done it.
My uncle thought it wasn’t the best burger he has had, but their breakfast items really did raise our bar real high.
Tom&Serg Burger
Desi appetites do not touch the finish line without dessert. Our choices were Flourless Chocolate Cake, Blueberry Tart and the Tom&Serg Éclair.


Blueberry Tart, Flourless Chocolate Cake, Tom&Serg Eclair

The best out of the lot was the tart, very moist on the inside and perfectly tough around the outside.
The other two weren’t bad, but probably not good enough to remember. Maybe if they can eggo-nise a dessert? Hmm…
Blueberry Tart
Tom&Serg has a very friendly staff and one of the most creative places I’ve been to in Dubai. Their menu is simple, the recipes and presentation is phenomenal and to my surprise, I didn’t even miss fancy pancakes and waffles that I normally like to flirt with at brunches.

P.S: Orange Juice with eggs FTW

P.P.S: Please your eyes or envy me through the Hangry Words instagram account: @hangrywords


Tom&Serg Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment