Tuesday 14 April 2015

Dubai Diaries: Day 3 - "Hello, Salters!"

Disclaimer: This review is from when Salt was located on KITE Beach

A burger is the only thing that could ever encourage me to head out to a beach at 1:30pm in Dubai.

Salt or #findSalt, as it was trending before, was in my top 3 places to visit during my trip since I had heard way too much about it and the reviews on Zomato, although mixed, were convincing enough for my burger brain.
(I wish we had Zomato in Pakistan by the way, that app is a blessing).

Zomato
We arrived at Kite Beach and believe it or not, God gave us a feeler of the heat we could experience in Hell. The sun, the sand, the heat and the idea of sitting outdoors in this entire setting were really not my thing.

Touche!

It was easy to choose which sliders I wanted from the very to-the-point menu pinned to their food truck. 

I hate it when people ask “with cheese or without?”… why is that even a question?

LOL! Truth be told!
The order buzzer vibrated within 8 minutes with our 22 sliders and 7 servings of French fries ready to be collected from the pick-up truck.


 What happened next? I FELL IN LOVE WITH SALT!
Shake Shack, what? Shake Shack, who? Heat, huh?

Left: Cheese Fries, Right: x2 Single Cheese Burger
Holy mother of food! I wolfed down those two burgers that sat in front of me with dripping cheese sandwiched between those perfect, buttery and soft buns. If I didn't have a crew of 11 family members judging my appetite, I'd be down for another set of those blissful pieces of ecstasy (trust me, they deserve the dramatised description).

Definitely worth going to the beach at that horrific hour, though I’m sure it’s even more heavenly right before sunset.

Shake Shack might still be a winner for cheese fries, but for the love of burgers – don’t miss out on Salt!
Shake Shack cheese fries
Salt cheese fries
How do juries find their hamburgers?

Grill-ty as charred. *SNORT*
SALT Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment