Friday 10 July 2015

Quick Recipe : Breakfast Burrito

(Note: Those who want to skip my rant can scroll down to the recipe directly)

The only thing that has the power to make me smile in the morning (even before my tea) is a hearty, delightful breakfast. I love my waffles, pancakes and parfaits but all of that comes after an “eggcelent”, “eggstravagant”, and “eggsolutely” “eggceptional” meal.
(Are you as impressed with my creativity as I am?)

Breakfast Burritos -  a favorite, yet personal and touchy dish. I get why the question “What is the perfect breakfast burrito” can stir up a lot of disagreements and conflicts. To some, it is complete with beans, sour cream and Spanish rice and to some, only the eggs can light fires!

In my opinion, a perfect breakfast burrito is the one you dream about and hope for the dream to never end. It is the one you drool for as soon as you wake up, oh, it is truly the one, which performs a synchronized ballet in your mouth with that moist, fluffy texture.

I’m lucky to be surrounded around those who care for my creepy feelings for a “breakfast burrito”. As I’ve mentioned before, I come from a line of foodies, professional chefs and home chefs – in spotlight here are my sister and brother-in-law.
These two are always on some kind of a cooking spree or a food mission. From healthy to outta control, this duo really knows their palates; in fact, my sister once had her own food recipe blog: “Never Stop Eating” – some of the recipes in here are quite amazing!

Anyhow, in order to cater to my emergency, eggly hunger pangs, my brother-in-law fixed up this super easy breakfast burrito in a span of only 11 minutes! As simple as it may look to you, this was one of the most delicious and melt-in-the-mouth egg whips I’ve ever had.
Surprise! Surprise! We have the recipe here too – woo hoo!




Watch the video (smile if you love the music):



Breakfast Burrito.

Yield: 1 portion

Ingredient
Amount (U.S)
Preparation
Eggs
2

Milk
2 Tsp (per egg)

Basil
6-8 large leaves
Cheddar Cheese
¼ Cup + 2 Tbsp
Shredded
Turkey Bacon (or any other type of bacon)
1
Pan-fried or Baked
Salsa
2 Tbsp

Butter
1 Tbsp

Flour Tortilla
1


Procedure:
  •   Melt butter on very low heat.
  • Beat the eggs lightly with milk and pour into the pan
  • Stir the eggs very (very) slowly till they begin to appear fluffy. Note: Don’t “scramble” the eggs – the keyword is ‘stir’
  • Add the ribboned basil leaves and mix in with the eggs.
  • Put the pan aside and add ¼ cup cheddar cheese. Stir a little and bring it back to the stove.
  • Once the eggs seem fluffy enough, keep them aside
  • Heat the tortilla on a pan
Assemble:
  1. Lay the tortilla flat on a plate
  2. Spoon the prepared eggs down the center of the tortilla
  3. Add the turkey bacon and salsa on the sides of the egg and sprinkle with approximately 2 tablespoons of the shredded cheese
  4. Fold the bottom of the tortilla first, followed by each side to make it a wrap
  5. Devour, moan, get emotional, smile, die – whatever the sentiment projects at the time and most importantly, thank God!

The best part about the recipe is that it can be completely modified to your preferences. The eggs can include tomatoes, more greens, seasoning or salt.
As a matter of fact, you can really play around with the filling – you can add refried beans, cilantro, more bacon, different cheeses, and sour cream!

Breakfast Burritos – FTW.

No comments:

Post a Comment